A note to visitors: We try very hard to produce reliable software but occasionally problems surface, and when they do we rectify them as soon as possible. Each release comes with a 'Latest information' file that details all the changes (except for the most minor) made in each build. Our experience is that our users prefer the candid approach to one of denial and slipstreamed changes. We operate low price subscription update schemes for our programs which keep users up to date during the period of their subscription.
- To bring SuperBeam into line with ProSteel and EuroBeam the option to enter loads as total loads will be removed in a forthcoming release. We would strongly advise you to select 'separate dead + live loads' for all new projects (option set in Project, Project Details).
- The steel/timber beam type will be removed in forthcoming SuperBeam and EuroBeam releases. If you want to design steel and timber alternatives for the same loads please create two beams, one steel, one timber.
Release 7.21m, 29 September 2021
- Missing image file(s) in page heading file template are now handled gracefully rather than triggering an AV error
There is no 7.21l
Release 7.21k, 13 September 2021
- Add Connection button was erroneously shown on toolbar - removed
Release 7.21j, 23 July 2021
- When you selected 'Auto o.w.' for a beam the last PL (if one or more) was not shown on the beam loading diagram - fixed
- When using total load entry point loads were erroneously shown on the beam loading diagram as (L), now changed to (T) (see note above)
- Autosave code has been changed so as not to close any open edit dialog when it cuts in
Release 7.21i, 16 June 2021
- The handling of automatically added beam self weights has been improved. Following a user suggestion, where selected the o.w. load is placed at the top of the load table and is given a type of 'O'. The load is first added when you check the 'Auto o.w.' box at the top of the beam edit dialog load page and press 'Apply'.
- Fonts weren't correctly initialised on first-time install (this is a presentational error only) - fixed
- This release is built with Embarcadero Delphi Sydney 10.4.2 which hopefully fixes random stability errors reported by a few users.
Release 7.21h, 20 April 2021
- Grid code reworked to fix load entry problems
- Heights can now be entered for unreinforced (as before) and reinforced padstones. For the latter, a note is added to the printout saying that the padstone design has not been checked.
- Beams added to project could be initialised with a grade of S355 although default steel grade set to S275 in User Setup dialog - fixed.
Release 7.21g, 8 April 2021
- Problems with entering loads in edit dialogs fixed.
- Square root sign was not shown on some calculation sheets - fixed (presentational error, calculations correct)
Release 7.21f, 28 March 2021
- Fixed bug where beam load type entered in grid ignored
- When new beam is added to project notes from last beam are no longer brought forward as default
- Selecting steel section to check from beam edit dialog caused range check error if multiple sections selected - fixed
- Text page with no content and 'Link lines' checked caused range check error - fixed
There is no 7.21e
Release 7.21d, 11 March 2021
- If a new heavier steel section was selected using the toolbar Steel Check button and Auto OW was selected, the o.w. figure wasn't updated - fixed
- 3x button on steel check dialog didn't work - fixed
- Flitch beam with one or both ends extending as cantilever(s) could be shown as failing in deflection when it didn't.
Release 7.21c, 1 March 2021
- B/F load on cantilever (span=0) threw error - fixed
- Steel Check button on toolbar and right-click 'Check' on steel calculation didn't work in 7.20b - fixed
- Once you selected a masonry spec from the beam edit masonry strength calculator the resultant stress was used even if you entered an alternative stress - fixed
- Masonry stress in beam edit dialog bearings page is now shown on a green background if derived from masonry strength calculator (as in 2016 and earlier releases)
- Project Manager was not always updated when adding items or editing data - fixed
- Default steel grade set in User Setup dialog wasn't saved on exiting program - was always set to S355 on restarting - fixed
- New beam and column windows are now created expanded if 'Expand' box in Project Manager is checked (user request)
- Several stability fixes
Release 7.21b, 19/21 February 2021
- Reorder loads within beam edit dialog didn't work - fixed
- With summary calculation selected, timber beam calculation window incorrectly said 'No loads entered' - fixed
- Where steel column 'extends above' box was checked, moment split calculation was incorrectly shown (values used in calc were correct) - fixed
- Text page didn't save 'Link lines' setting - fixed
- Feb 21 build: Fix for AV on adding column to an empty project
Release 7.21a, 15 Feb 2021
- Deflection calculation was wrong for PLs part way along cantilever (span=0) and part UDLs starting part way along cantilever - fixed
- For columns and timber posts, any additional load is now added to moments resulting from reactions taking account of signs.
- Project Manager font wasn't saved and recalled - fixed
- Steel column printout didn't print hollow sections on load position diagram - fixed
- Various small user interface improvements